Dallas, TX, has a diversified economy and many prominent firms. Dallas is the home of numerous Fortune 500 companies, including AT&T, ExxonMobil, Southwest Airlines, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and JCPenney.
Given its status as one of the most populated cities in Texas and the United States, it's no surprise that Dallas provides some of the finest job options in North America.
AT&T, Southwest Airlines, JCPenney, 7-Eleven Inc, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Dean Foods, and Charles Schwab are but a few of the huge firms in Dallas, TX.
The Dallas-Fort Worth area has been recognized as one of the finest metropolitan areas in the United States for business. Dallas is a major transportation and logistic hub because it lies between two major seaports.
According to Forbes, Dallas has the eighth largest economy in North America, worth $504 billion in 2015. It was just behind Mexico City and ahead of Tokyo.
Dallas is also a popular destination for manufacturing and export. Many Fortune 500 businesses can be found in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
A few examples are:
- Southwest Airlines is known as the country's largest airline, and it's #18 on Fortune 500.
- ExxonMobil - ExxonMobil, also based in Dallas, Texas, is ranked #2 on the Fortune 500 list. It is well-known for being the world's largest oil business and #7 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics is located in Dallas, Texas. This direct selling business is ranked #90 on the Fortune 500 list, with total revenue of more than 3 billion dollars per year.
- Neiman Marcus is a luxury retailer based in Dallas, Texas. Neiman Marcus is one of the most well-known retail chains globally and is ranked #58 on Fortune 500.
- The Fortune 500 list ranks J.C. Penney Company, Inc as #192. The firm is best known for its retail chain J.C. Penney, and its headquarters are located in Plano, Texas (Dallas suburb).
- Fossil Inc. is a watch company with headquarters in Richardson, Texas (a Dallas suburb) and is recognized for its timepieces. Fossil Inc. is ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list.